Last updated on July 30, 2020.
- Emergency Motion For Stay of 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Priority Window (submitted by NCAI, AMERIND Risk Management Corp., Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association, and Public Knowledge)
- NCAI President Fawn Sharp's Testimony for House Committee on Oversight and Reform Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis Hearing on "An Unequal Burden: Addressing Racial Health Disparities in the Coronavirus Pandemic"
- NCAI Amicus Brief in Chehalis et al. v. Mnuchin
- Tribal Advocacy Materials for Implementing COVID-19 Funding
CONGRESSIONAL RESEARCH SERVICE
- The CARES Act: Implications for Tribes (Briefing Memo - April 9, 2020)
FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (FEMA)
- FEMA Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- Tribal Fact Sheet: FEMA Assistance for Tribal Governments
- Tribal Fact Sheet (Español): La Respuesta al Coronavirus (COVID-19): Beneficiarios Tribales
- Fact Sheet: Eligible Emergency Protective Measures
- Public Assistance Administrative Plan Template for Tribal Governments
Tribal Contacts at FEMA
FEMA HQ/Regional Tribal Liaisons List
- FEMA Regional Tribal Liaisons Map
- New Recipients of Disaster Grants Guide 2019
FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD
Main Street Lending Program Scope, Eligibility Expanded
Main Street Lending Program Provides More Support to Small, Medium-Sized Businesses
- Main Street Lending Program FAQ
- Fact Sheet: Select Questions Related to Use of Department of Education Grant Funds During the Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES (HHS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- ACCESS FUNDING: Supporting Tribal Public Health Capacity in Coronavirus Preparedness and Response
- ACCESS FUNDING: Funding Opportunities for tribes with deadlines to submit applications
- CDC contact on funding opportunities: TribalCOVIDnofo@cdc.gov.
Health Resources and Services Administration:
- ACCESS FUNDING: Rural Tribal COVID-19 Response Program
Indian Health Service:
- IHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- Indian Country COVID-19 Response Team - IHS hosts a call each Thursday that currently features federal agencies participating in the Response Team. View the IHS calendar.
- IHS Tribal Leader and Urban Indian Organization Letter on Distribution of $134 Million COVID-19 Funding
- IHS Announces Funding Distribution for Testing under the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act
National Institute of Health:
HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (HUD)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- Information Sheet: CARES Act Operation of Indian Programs and Indian Education Programs
- Assistant Secretary of Indian Affairs letter to tribal leaders with COVID-19 updates (March 25, 2020)
SMALL BUSINESS ASSOCIATION (SBA)
ACCESS FUNDING: SBA Now Accepting PPP Loan Applications
- The PPP lender assistance hotline is (833) 572-0502.
- Program guidance and related information can be found at www.sba.gov/paycheckprotection or www.treasury.gov/cares.
- Robotic Processing Automation (RPA), which are robotic systems used by some banks to mimic human data entry, may not be used to submit Paycheck Protection Program loans into SBA’s E-Tran loan system.
- Application Programing Interface (APIs) will still be permitted. If you are a lender who needs assistance converting your submission process to a non-RPA API, please contact Sheri McConville.(Sheri.Mcconville@sba.gov).
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application
- Please find an updated Frequently Asked Questions Document (Questions 43 – Released May 5, 2020)
- Please view a summary of PPP2 loan data (Released May 5, 2020)
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions Document (Questions 44 & 45 – Released May 6, 2020)
- Please view a summary of PPP2 loan data (Released May 6, 202)
- Frequently Asked Questions Document (Question 48 – Released May 19, 2020)
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions (Released June 25, 2020)
- Procedures for Lender Submission of Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Decisions to SBA and SBA Forgiveness Loan Reviews (Released July 23, 2020)
- Guidance Regarding Identification and Reporting of Suspicious Activity in the COVID-19 EIDL Loan Program (Released July 22, 2020)
- ACCESS FUNDING: Disaster Loan Assistance - COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- SBA Procedural Notice
- SBA Office of Native American Affairs
- New Lender Deferment Memorandum
Paycheck Protection Plan FAQ (Released May 13, 2020)
- PPP New Lender Agreement: CARES Act Section 1102 Lender Agreement – Non-Bank and Non-Insured Depository Institution Lenders
Economic Injury and Disaster Loans (EIDL) Information
Economic Injury and Disaster Loans (EIDL) Advance
Business Loan Program Temporary Changes, Paycheck Protection Program - Interim Final Rules:
- Requirements – Promissory Notes, Authorizations, Affiliation, and Eligibility
- Requirements – Loan Forgiveness
- Loan Review Procedures and Related Borrower and Lender Responsibilities
- Nondiscrimination and Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Requirements – Extension of Limited Safe Harbor with Respect to Certification
- Eligibility of Certain Electric Cooperatives
- Department of Treasury Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- Updated Coronavirus Relief Fund FAQ (Updated July 8, 2020)
- On July 2, 2020 Treasury released guidance concerning reporting of the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF). A spreadsheet was distributed to submit the required information to the Treasury until a “GrantsSolutions” reporting platform is created.
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Guidance for State, Territorial, Local, and Tribal Governments (Updated June 30, 2020)
- Treasury Announces Formula for Disbursement of Second Tranche of Coronavirus Relief Funds
- Treasury published Guidance to Tribes for Completing Supplemental Request for Information.
- Treasury and Interior Announce Start of CARES Act Funds Disbursement to Tribes (Press Release - May 5, 2020)
Online CRF Certification Form for Tribal Governments
- What the Federal Government is Doing in Response to COVID-19
- Paycheck Protection Program Information Sheet for Borrowers
Employee Retention Credit FAQ
Guidance to Tribes for Completing Supplemental Request for Information
- Guidance and FAQ on use of Coronavirus Relief Funds
FAQ on Tribal Population Data
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON FEDERAL FUNDING
- Native Americans in Philanthropy & NAFOA: New Resources to Help Native Nonprofits with Federal COVID-19 Economic Relief Programs
- Federal Reserve Board of Minneapolis: Do lender access issues limit PPP relief for tribal employers? (Article - May 4, 2020)
- Successful Farming: Coronavirus Food Assistance Program Applications Open May 26 (Article - May 19, 2020)
- Take the NAFOA Survey on the PPP.