Last updated on May 22, 2020.
NEW: Treasury published Guidance to Tribes for Completing Supplemental Request for Information
NEW: Extension of Limited Safe Harbor with Respect to Certification Concerning Need for PPP Loan Request (Released May 13, 2020)
NEW: Requirements for Loan Increases for Partnerships or Seasonal Employers (Released May 13, 2020)
NEW: Eligibility of Certain Electric Cooperatives (Released May 14, 2020)
Tribal Advocacy Materials for Implementing COVID-19 Funding
NCAI and partner organizations have drafted and submitted a number of letters to support tribal nations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the link below to the Letters Sent to Administration database.
Federal Reserve Board
Congressional Research Service
- April 9, 2020 Briefing Memo: The CARES Act: Implications for Tribes
- The White House webpage on Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.coronavirus.gov/
- Indian Country COVID-19 Response Team - IHS hosts a call on each Thursday that currently features federal agencies participating in the Response Team. View call in information on the IHS calendar here.
- CARES Act Operation of Indian Programs and Indian Education Programs: Information Sheet
- Bureau of Indian Affairs COVID-19 Page: https://www.bia.gov/covid-19
- March 25, 2020 letter to tribal leaders with COVID-19 updates from the Assistant Secretary of Indian Affairs
Online CRF Certification Form for Tribal Governments
- Department of Treasury webpage with coronavirus updates and resources: https://home.treasury.gov/coronavirus
- Treasury webpage "What the Federal Government is Doing in Response to COVID-19 - view here.
- Paycheck Protection Program Information Sheet for Borrowers
Employee Retention Credit FAQ
Health and Human Services
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage with trusted information for individuals and organizations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC Funding Opportunities for tribes with deadlines to submit applications: https://www.cdc.gov/tribal/cooperative-agreements/covid-19.html
- CDC contact on funding opportunities: TribalCOVIDnofo@cdc.gov.
Supporting Tribal Public Health Capacity in Coronavirus Preparedness and Response
Deadline: Apr. 29
Health Resources and Services Administration:
- Grant Opportunity: Rural Tribal COVID-19 Response Program
Indian Health Service:
- Informational Webinar for Funding Opportunity CDC-RFA- OT20-2004, Supporting Tribal Public Health Capacity in Coronavirus Preparedness and Response: Monday, May 4, 2020, 3:00 p.m. EST.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webpage: https://www.ihs.gov/coronavirus/?CFID=179315553&CFTOKEN=33820628
- IHS Tribal Leader and Urban Indian Organization Letter on Distribution of $134 Million COVID-19 Funding -http://www.ncai.org/DTLL_DUIOLL_COVID03272020.pdf
- IHS Director Blog on $134 million funding distribution: https://www.ihs.gov/newsroom/ihs-blog/march-2020-blogs/coronavirus-ihs-committed-to-patient-care-and-getting-resources-to-front-line/
- IHS All Tribes Call on each Thursday afternoon. View call in information on the IHS Calendar here.
- IHS Announces Funding Distribution for Testing under the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act
National Institute of Health:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webpage
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients of NIH Funding
- Fact Sheet: Select Questions Related to Use of Department of Education Grant Funds During the Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019
- FEMA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response webpage: https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): FEMA Assistance for Tribal Governments, Tribal Fact Sheet - https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2020/03/26/coronavirus-covid-19-fema-assistance-tribal-governments
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: Eligible Emergency Protective Measures, Fact Sheet - https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2020/03/19/coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-eligible-emergency-protective-measures
- Public Assistance Administrative Plan Template for Tribal Governments - https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1585255284141-50845cd56fe7e5d2eb15385f42d9651c/Tribal_PA_Admin_Plan_March_2020_Template_FINAL_508.pdf
- Tribal Contacts at FEMA - https://www.fema.gov/tribal-contacts
- FEMA HQ/Rational Tribal Liaisons - https://training.fema.gov/tribal/_assets/fema_hq_regional_tribal_liaisons.pdf?v=2019-7-15
- FEMA Regional Tribal Liaisons Map - https://training.fema.gov/tribal/_assets/rtl_map.pdf?v=2019-7-15
- New Recipients of Disaster Grants Guide 2019 - https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1560865377804-861198ab01f5790f143a1d6eb200bf0e/New_Recipients_of_Disaster_Grants_Guide_2019.pdf
La Respuesta al Coronavirus (COVID-19): Beneficiarios Tribales, Tribal Fact Sheet - https://www.fema.gov/node/357940
Small Business Association (SBA)
SBA Release Loan Forgiveness Application
SBA Procedural Notice
SBA Now Accepting PPP Loan Applications:
- The PPP lender assistance hotline is (833) 572-0502.
- Program guidance and related information can be found at www.sba.gov/paycheckprotection or www.treasury.gov/cares.
- Robotic Processing Automation (RPA), which are robotic systems used by some banks to mimic human data entry, may not be used to submit Paycheck Protection Program loans into SBA’s E-Tran loan system.
- Application Programing Interface (APIs) will still be permitted. If you are a lender who needs assistance converting your submission process to a non-RPA API, please contact Sheri McConville.(Sheri.Mcconville@sba.gov).
- Please find an updated Frequently Asked Questions Document (Questions 43 – Released May 5, 2020).
- Please view a summary of PPP2 loan data as of 5pm EDT – Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
- Interim Final Rule on Nondiscrimination and Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions Document (Questions 44 & 45 – Released May 6, 2020)
- Please view a summary of PPP2 loan data as of 5pm EDT – Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions Document (Question 48 – Released 5/19/20)
- Take the NAFOA Survey on the PPP.
- SBA Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- Disaster Loan Assistance - COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
- SBA Office of Native American Affairs: https://www.sba.gov/offices/headquarters/naa
- New Lender Deferment Memorandum
Paycheck Protection Plan FAQ - (Released May 13, 2020)
- PPP New Lender Agreement: CARES Act Section 1102 Lender Agreement – Non-Bank and Non-Insured Depository Institution Lenders
Economic Injury and Disaster Loans (EIDL) Information
Economic Injury and Disaster Loans (EIDL) Advance
Interim Final Rule
Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- HUD COVID-19 Resources and Fact Sheets: https://www.hud.gov/coronavirus
- FAQ for Tribes and Tribally Designated Housing Entities - funding and other information, March 30, 2020 - view here.
Additional Information on Federal Funding
- Native Americans in Philanthropy & NAFOA: New Resources to Help Native Nonprofits with Federal COVID-19 Economic Relief Programs
- Federal Reserve Board of Minneapolis: Do lender access issues limit PPP relief for tribal employers? (Article - May 4, 2020)