Technical Support Level I
National Congress of American Indians
Skills And Qualifications:
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
This Position is Open Until Filled; First Review of early applicants will occur Augusgt 15.
Founded in 1944, the National Congress of American Indians is the oldest, largest, and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization in the country. NCAI advocates on behalf of tribal governments and communities, promoting strong tribal-federal government-to-government policies, and promoting a better understanding among the general public regarding American Indian and Alaska Native governments, people, and rights. For more information, visit the NCAI website at www.ncai.org.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Manages inventory, installs, modifies, and makes repairs to personal computer systems, mobile devices and provides technical assistance to end users.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or one to two year(s) related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties And Responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain inventory, receive products and process returns.
• Receives and inspects personal computer equipment, related hardware and software and prepares for placement per service requests.
• Installs peripheral equipment such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives.
• Diagnoses personal computer hardware, peripheral equipment, and software problems.
• Performs minor remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
• Instructs users in the use of computer applications, office and telecommunications equipment.
• Conducts all preventive maintenance.
• Manages software and hardware documentation for workstations.
• Escalates major hardware and software problems to appropriate team member.
• Remain abreast of changes in user and system software and hardware requirements and makes recommendations for future software and hardware purchases.
• Generate purchase requests for mobile phones and accessories, maintain inventory, receive products and process returns.
• Diagnoses mobile device issues and perform minor remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of devices.
• Work closely with peers on organizational projects and tasks.
• May work long hours.
• Maintain a flexible work schedule.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and end users.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is characterized as an office setting, where computers and standard office equipment will be supplied and used. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
Enhanced Skills, Knowledge and Experience (Not Required)
• Microsoft Exchange Server
• Microsoft CRM
Salary And Benefits:
Compensation depending upon experience. The position offers excellent competitive benefits including health insurance and disability, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan. This is a salaried position.
APPLICATIONS Position will be located at NCAI’s Washington DC offices and is open until filled. Initial application review will include all applications received by October 23, 2017. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, brief writing sample and the names and contact information of three references to: By email (preferred) to email@example.com By mail: National Congress of American Indians, Attn: Nketia Agyeman, 1516 P St NW, Washington, DC 20005