Housing Developer/Construction Dept. Manager
Northern Circle Indian Housing Authority
Skills And Qualifications:
General Responsibilities Include:
- Represents NCIHA at meetings and conferences with HUD/BIA/IHS staff, architects, contractors, engineers, tribal officials and participants
as it relates to housing development (new construction and rehab)
- Assures that the planning phases of the development stage are met by meeting established target dates for site selection, soils reports, surveys, geological reports, archeological reports, appraisals and other activities
- Responsible for preparation of bid packages, construction contracts, completion documents and any other contruction exhibits
- Responsible for preparation of environmental compliance documents assuring Release of Funds is obtained
- Assures compliance with construction provisions which includes labor compliance and Indian Preference
- Conducts inspections and site infrastructure, prepare final inspections reports
- Reviews and recommends payment requests from contractors, suppliers, vendors
- Develops initial feasibility analysis for acquisition or design of affording housing projects, establishes and fulfills target dates for completing various housing development stages such as site selection, soils reports, surveys, appraisals, etc.
- Assists and is familiar with evaluating financial feasibility and establishes a financing plan for the development and responsible for reporting to financing agency/lender as required
Provide Tribal affiliation on employment application if claiming Indian Preference
- Possess a valid CA Drivers License
- Ability to meet NCIHA vehicle insurance requirements
- Pre-employment Drug Testing
Application and full job description is available at NCIHA
Contact Person: Darlene Tooley
Minimum of five years housing or community development experience with a public or private agency and/or a minimum of five years experience in the construction field.
2. High school diploma or equivalent. Building Inspector Certification/ability to obtain within 1 year or Contractors License/ equivalent experience
3. Must have some Supervisory experience.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Knowledge of US Department of Housing & Urban Development, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Indian Health Services, US Dept of Agricultural Rural Development and Rural Utilities, State Department of Housing and Commuinity Development and other agencies and organizations laws, regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to Indian Housing and affordable housing project development and construction.
5. Knowledge of applicable sections of Code of
Federal Regulations, operating handbooks and revisions thereto and building codes and standards for funding agencies and/or organizations.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with program participants, staff and public and private agencies and organizations.
7. Ability to organize and conduct individual and group informational sessions with program participants, tribal officials, architects, engineers or other identified parties.
8. Ability to write clearly and speak effectively. Produce clear concise written
and oral reports.
9. Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets using Excel and/or other spreadsheet software
10. Ability to interpret budgets, government regulations and professional journals
11. Ability to collect data, establishes facts and draw valid conclusions
12. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficient in Excel, Word, graphic software and facility with the internet
13. Ability to organize work and priorities to meet deadlines
14. Ability to develop and maintain reports and records as required.
15. Ability to travel as necessary. Must have valid CA driver’s license and meet NCIHA vehicle insurance requirements.
16. Ability to work independently and handle heavy workload in an efficient and expeditious manner.
17. General knowledge of economical, social, educational and cultural trends in the Native American community.
18 Ability to achieve success as a team member by adhering to certain
core values and principles such as honesty, integrity, competence and professionalism.
Salary And Benefits:
SALARY RANGE: $48,630 - $67,315.
CLASSIFICATION: Housing Development Department Manager