Membership Coordinator- Open Until Filled
National Congress of American Indians
Skills And Qualifications:
First Round of Review on December 26, 2018.
Founded in 1944, the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) is the oldest, largest, and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization in the country. NCAI advocates on behalf of tribal governments and communities, promoting strong tribal-federal government-to-government policies. We promote a better understanding among the general public regarding American Indian and Alaska Native governments, people, and rights.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Position Open Until Filled – Review of Applicants will occur on a rolling basis so apply soon!
NCAI seeks a Membership Coordinator who is a rising star with non-profit and/or sales experience to take its membership function to the next level. This position answers to the Director of External Affairs and is responsible for the development and execution of NCAI member recruitment, retention, assisting with registration, and fundraising programs. The right candidate will welcome the challenge to enhance recruitment and retention efforts based on NCAI member needs now, and into the future.
As a membership organization, NCAI seeks to share the value of its mission with potential tribal, organizational, and individual members. The work of the Membership Coordinator includes generating membership leads and tracking partnership opportunities; recruiting, processing and retaining members; and developing and executing fundraising initiatives. This position also integrates membership activity with other NCAI department work as appropriate.
Employee must possess:
• Background or some experience in Native American affairs.
• A minimum of five years of progressive administrative, sales, or customer support work.
• Experience with financial transactions and data input, and discretion with confidential information.
• Exceptional people skills and high level of proficiency in written and oral communications, including listening and speaking one-on-one, and with small and large audiences.
• Strong customer service orientation and satisfaction in providing assistance.
• Strong project planning, critical thinking, and problem solving; self-motivated and self-directed with entrepreneurial spirit.
• Proficient computer skills with fluency in Microsoft Office, familiarized with Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems, and capacity to learn specialized products (e.g. NetForumPro).
• Experience and enthusiasm for work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high pressure environment; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to do light lifting of supplies and materials on occasion;
• Professional attire and presence, including cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The primary duties of the Membership Coordinator include:
• Develop and implement membership plans for retention of current members, and growth of new members.
• Coordinate, track, manage and evaluate all membership and renewal activities, including new member / renewal / and potential member mailings.
• Review and refine membership marketing and promotional materials including applications, welcome collateral, correspondence, and applicable forms.
• Provide creative input into fundraising approaches and membership drives.
• Create comprehensive updates and reports
• Process membership applications, payments, and supporting documents and do associated data entry; assist existing members with renewals.
• Oversee the member databases and lists; ensure information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
• Provide feedback on database improvements and stay abreast of current client management tools.
• Process registration, exhibitor, and sponsor applications and payments.
• Provide consistent updates to Executive Director.
• Confidently and professionally communicate with tribes and individuals who are members of NCAI, and with the general public as a representative of NCAI.
• Work with the Executive Director to ensure that partnerships and affiliations with external organizations are tracked and with Legal Counsel to ensure fulfillment of Memoranda of Understanding.
• Work with the Executive Director to coordinate outreach efforts involving NCAI board members.
• Work with Communications to coordinate member lists and information, and on promotional materials to promote the benefits of NCAI membership.
• Work with Finance to ensure financial tracking of tribal, partner and individual memberships.
• Actively participate in staff meetings and keep staff informed of pertinent membership information.
• Support the mission of NCAI through other duties as assigned.
Salary And Benefits:
Salary will be determined based on experience. The position offers excellent competitive benefits including health insurance and disability, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan (to begin after 3 months of employment).
Position will be located at NCAI’s Washington, DC office. The position will be open until filled.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, brief (no more than 2 page) writing sample, and the names and contact information of three references:
Email preferred or by mail: Naional Congress of American Indians, Attn: Nketia Agyeman, 1516 P Street NW, Washington, DC 20005
Organization Web Site:
Apply Now »
Return To Listings