Child Care Teacher Assistant
The Quileute Tribe
La Push, WA
Skills And Qualifications:
Teacher assistants may be employed to assist in program and curriculum under the direction of a lead teacher or program supervisor.
Assistants who are eighteen years of age or older may have sole responsibility for a child or group of children for a brief period of time when there is a staff person on the premises who meets the lead teacher qualifications.
• Must assist with prepping classroom and preparing materials and supplies each day.
• Help with general housekeeping tasks.
• Maintain a professional attitude and follow center policies at all times.
• Treat all children with dignity and respect.
• Attend all staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences.
• Must be willing to work towards completion of lead teacher qualifications. Other duties as assigned.
In accordance with WAC 170-295-1730, an assistant teacher must have the following characteristics:
• The understanding, ability, physical health, emotional stability, good judgment and personality suited to meet the physical, intellectual, mental, emotional, and social needs of the children in care;
• Be authorized by DEL to care for or have unsupervised access to children in child care under chapter 170-06 WAC; and
• Be able to furnish the child in care with a healthy, safe, nurturing, respectful, supportive, and responsive environment.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Current WA State Driver’s License or ability to obtain in 3 months
• High School Diploma or GED, or ability to obtain in one year.
• Complete a TB test as required under WAC 170-295-1750.
• Have background clearance as required under WAC 170-06, including Tribal background, as applicable.
• Maintain a current first aid and CPR training as required under WAC 170-295-1825.
• Complete HIV/AIDS training and annual blood borne pathogens training as required under WAC 170-295-1850.
• Have a current food handler’s card.
• Attend an agency orientation as required under WAC 170-295-5800.
• Ability to lift over 50 pounds and be physically active.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or balance the workload. Individual must have good work ethics and daily attendance is a must.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and the Quileute Tribe application to the address listed below. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications can be obtained at www.quileutenation.org/job-openings/ The Quileute Tribe Ms. Gina Gonzales-Leva, HR Director Department of Human Resources P.O. Box 279 La Push, Washington 98350