Clinic Nurse Manager
The Coquille Indian Tribe
North Bend, OR
Skills And Qualifications:
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to consistently convey a pleasant and helpful attitude by using excellent interpersonal and communication skills to control sometimes stressful and emotional situations.
2. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
3. Ability to operate an electronic health records system and/or electronic patient management system.
4. Ability to foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the Coquille Indian Tribe.
5. Ability to develop the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
6. Knowledge of medications and injection procedures.
7. Ability to assess the specific age-related needs of patients.
8. Possess awareness and sensitivity of Indian traditions, customs, and socioeconomic needs and ability to work effectively with diverse cultures.
9. Knowledge of regulations on the confidentiality of medical records (HIPAA).
10. Knowledge of medical terminology.
11. Ability to maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and objectivity under constant pressure and crisis situations.
12. Ability to make decisions independently in accordance with established medical protocol, standing orders, and policy and procedures.
13. . Exhibit a level of computer literacy sufficient to use software such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases to produce correspondence, documents, and reports.
14. Ability to read and understand complex documents and manuals, as well as the ability to write such documents for use by others.
A. Requires a BSN or A.D.N. (Associates Degree in Nursing) degree from an accredited college or university.
B. Current Oregon Nursing License.
C. Minimum of one-year experience as a RN in outpatient setting.
D. Demonstrated proficiency in phlebotomy.
E. Expertise in telephone triage and patient instruction regarding treatment of the condition.
F. Computer experience required.
G. Electronic Health Record experience required.
H. First Aid/CPR certification required or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
I. Valid Oregon driver’s license in good standing with no insurability issues as determined by the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
J. Required to accept the responsibility of a mandatory reporter of abuse and neglect of infants and children, people who are elderly or dependent, individuals with mental illness or development disabilities or residents of nursing homes and other health care facilities. This includes reporting any evidence of physical injury, neglect, sexual or emotional abuse or financial exploitation.
Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Provides direct supervision to Medical Assistants, Health Technician, Medical Receptionist, and Medical Records Technician to include but not limited to; planning, scheduling, and assigning work, establishing guidelines and performance expectations, providing feedback and evaluating performance. Provide advice, counsel, and/or instruction and conducts disciplinary measures as necessary. Perform back up duties to the position supervised as necessary.
2. Coordinate the Clinic’s Phone Triage program and triage medically related phone calls.
3. Manage and implement Health Center Policy and Procedure in the Medical Clinic.
4. Maintain and assure compliance with Clinical (including Nursing) S.O.P. (Standard Operating Procedure).
5. Perform established routines and medical protocols, laboratory tests, diagnostic procedures and consultation services. Interpret selected laboratory findings and, as appropriate, initiate action for necessary care. Obtain preliminary health history and make nursing assessment recognizing the range of normal and the manifestations of common abnormalities.
6. Provide oversight for Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived lab tests and Laboratory Quality Control (Q.C.)
7. Assist medical providers in deliver medical care for clinic patients as well as assisting with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as assigned; including suturing, wound debridement, wound dressing venipuncture and injections. Provide and/or assist in the provision of emergency medical treatment. Provide medical treatment as authorized by standing orders.
8. Utilize the EHR for documentation of medical information and coordination of care. Record observations, assessments, nursing interventions and therapeutic measures administered in EHR.
9. Promote continuity of care through relevant health counseling, delivery of medical information per PCP direction, referrals for follow-up care, arranging for appointments and collaborating with other agencies involved in the health care of patients. Teach individuals, groups and families about self-care such as treatments, medications, nutrition and preventive health testing by up to dateevidence based findings and educational handouts.
10. Responsible for verifying and documenting competency of Medical Assistant(s) and Health Technician’s clinical skills.
11. In partnership with designated staff, utilize existing electronic health record resources to maintain a system for identifying patients with chronic medical conditions such as; diabetes and hypertension.
12. Use evidence-based guidelines to ensure that patient’s high-risk diagnoses are being treated in accordance with approved best practices.
13. Maintain a system to assure that patients are accessing and receiving age and gender appropriate preventative health care screenings, procedures, and assessments.
14. Improve access and referrals to health promotion and disease prevention programs within the Tribal and greater community.
15. Perform the Annual Diabetes Audit for the clinic
16. Maintain Biomedical Maintenance and Quality Assurance program for all medical equipment and the Infection Control Program.
17. Complete preauthorization for Purchase and Referred Care and health insurance as necessary.
18. Participate as a member of the CIT CHC Safety Committee and Quality Improvement Committee.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary And Benefits:
Salary Grade: $26.37 to $42.83, DOE
Comprehensive benefits package with low monthly employee contribution.
Mike Frost (541)756-0904