IT Officer – Database Management
American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
Duties And Responsibilities:
JOB TITLE: IT Officer – Database Management POSITION LOCATION: Boulder, Colorado SUPERVISED BY: Chief Technology Officer STATUS: Regular, Full-Time CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Salaried SALARY RANGE: $40,000 - $50,000 Annual
Position Summary: The IT Officer will oversee all aspects of developing and managing internal database systems, including account management, system troubleshooting, quality assurance and control, and staff support and training. In addition, they will provide helpdesk support to staff troubleshooting with end-users to ensure that IT systems and applications meet user needs and keep pace with changes in operations, policies and/or procedures.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administer and support AISES’ donor, event and volunteer databases as well as other databases. This includes (but not limited to) managing user setup, profiles and roles, customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validations.
Moderate amount of data entry as well as importing and exporting data between multiple systems and sources.
Work with organization leadership to implement revisions to the systems as required by evolving organizational needs.
Develop, implement and enforce data management and security policies using industry best practices.
Assist with the development of technical documentation of existing and future applications.
Keep abreast of new software features and functionality and providing recommendations for process improvements.
Provide technical and customer service support to end-users.
Train new and existing users on how to use database applications, manage technical training resources, and develop new materials as needed.
Quality Assurance / Reporting
Work with staff to develop and implement processes to identify and resolve recurring data quality and data integrity issues.
Schedule and conduct regular database maintenance and cleanup.
Design and build custom reports for development, event and membership departments.
Quickly respond to data requests.
Identify and implement opportunities for data collection improvements.
Document data quality standards and quality assurance processes.
IT Support and Training
Assist the IT Department in providing IT helpdesk support for local end users in a timely, accurate and effective manner.
Install, maintain and upgrade workstation and peripheral hardware and software.
Analyze and resolve workstation, application and database related problems.
QUALIFICATIONS – PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL:
QUALIFICATIONS – SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills for internal and external interactions, correspondence with AISES staff, external vendors, and representatives of tribal, corporate and government organizations.
- Must possess strong initiative and be results-oriented.
- Good customer service skills and ability to work with and support end-users of varying levels of technical proficiency is required.
- Sensitivity to working with confidential information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times.
- Dependable and able to focus on details, prioritize and meet project schedules and deadlines.
- Must be willing and eager to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be enthusiastic, tactful, mature, flexible as well as creative.
- Must be detail orientated, resourceful and well organized.
- Must have a high-energy level.
The position is opened until filled. AISES will begin reviewing resumes immediately. Interested candidates must send a cover letter and resume with three professional references.
To apply visit: https://careers.aises.org/job/it-officer-database-management/46410186/
Return To Listings