Coyote Valley Band of Pomo Indians
Redwood Valley Ca.
Skills And Qualifications:
This position is responsible for overseeing or advising the following departments for the Tribe and its businesses: police department, gaming commission, security, surveillance and to provide legal guidance to Tribal Government and Administration as needed. This position is responsible for making sure departments are following regulations and policies. Further duties will include attending Tribal or County Court on behalf of the Tribe. This individual will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of the Coyote Valley Tribe. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations and procedures.
Bachelors’ degree in related field, graduation from an American Bar Association accredited law school with a Juris Doctorate Degree required. At least five years of professional experience in a related field. Admission to a State Bar Association.
Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Manage and take over the essential functions and responsibilities of the chief of police which will include and not be limited to the following: preparing reports for and investigating criminal matters arising on the Reservation; participating in crime prevention activities, grant management, scheduling, and training for the department; updating all policies and procedures; recruiting new officers, train and supervise department employees; ensuring the department is following all applicable tribal, state, and federal laws; responsible for the safety and well-being of persons arrested and detained for violations; responsible for the maintenance and service of all Tribal Police Department property, equipment, and evidence seized; other job duties as needed.
2. Oversee the Gaming Commission which will include the following: overseeing and assisting with pending gaming commission investigations, assisting with updating/writing policies and procedures, providing sound legal advice, and other job duties as needed.
3. Act as an advisor for both the surveillance and security departments for any Coyote Valley business and also assist with writing and reviewing policies and procedures.
4. Oversee all matters heard in Coyote Valley Tribal Court including court appearances.
5. Appear in matters as assigned involving the Tribe in state or federal court.
6. Write and update ordinances for the Tribal Government.
7. Work with outside specialists for special legal problems.
8. Perform related duties as determined by the Tribal Council and Tribal Administrator.
9. Attend required meetings and trainings.
Salary And Benefits:
Salary Range -$110,000- $140,000