Native Village of Eyak
Skills And Qualifications:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
§ Demonstrate effective leadership and managerial skills in a mutually supportive environment.
§ Ability to plan, organize, administer and coordinate a variety of complex NVE services and programs.
Some of which are community and statewide.
§ Ability to select, motivate and evaluate staff and provide for their training and professional development.
§ Develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work-standards, and internal controls.
§ Strong analytical and problem-solving skills-must be able to analyze complex technical and administrative problems and challenges, evaluate alternative solutions and adopt effective courses of action.
§ Ability to prioritize.
§ Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
§ Ability to effectively and professionally represent the organization, establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
§ Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
§ Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
§ Skill in employee and staff relations.
§ Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office application Word, Excel, Access, etc.
§ Ability to manage in a crisis.
§ Ability to effectively interact in a professional manner with public, tribal members, and staff.
§ Excel in verbal and written communication.
§ Able to exercise sound, independent judgment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
§ Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Management, Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration or equivalent preferred.
§ Minimum of five years’ experience in tribal government management. Master’s degree may be substituted for 3 years’ experience.
§ Minimum of two years’ experience with contract negotiations.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The Executive Director provides effective oversight and management of all NVE programs in accordance with strategic plans as developed by the Tribal Council and NVE Tribe. This position is responsible for the day to day operations of NVE. This includes responsibility of policy development, program planning, fiscal management, administration, quality improvement and operation of all NVE functions, programs and activities. The Executive Director reports to the Tribal Council.
The Native Village of Eyak Follows PL 93-638 and gives preference in hiring to qualified Alaska Native and Native American Applicants.
Team: Native Village of Eyak Salary Range: DOE
Reports to: Tribal Council Schedule: Fulltime, Regular
FLSA Status: Exempt from Overtime Last Revised: March 2019
Direction is provided by Native Village of Eyak’s Traditional Tribal Council. This position serves at the pleasure of the Council. Supervision is received through personal conferences, general observation of work in progress and annual review by Council.
· Work closely with the NVE Traditional Council, committees, boards and a variety of agencies in implementing programs and projects identified as priorities by the Tribe. Represent NVE in contacts with various governmental agencies, community groups and business, professional and other organizations directly or through staff.
· Develops new funding sources, projects and programs as directed by Tribal Council.
· Oversees fiscal management and regulations through hired staff.
· Advise Council on issues and programs.
· Plan, organize, coordinate and direct through staff, the work of NVE.
· Work to ensure program coordination and community collaboration.
· Develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, polices, procedures and work standards for NVE.
· Prepare and recommend long-range plans for Tribal review.
· Negotiate and enforce the provisions of contracts, leases and agreements.
· Direct the preparation and administration of the annual budget.
· Direct the selection, supervision, and the work evaluation of staff. Direct employee relations, staff development and grievance procedures.
· Direct the development and implementation of management systems, procedures and standards for program evaluation within NVE as a whole.
· Other duties as assigned.
Salary And Benefits: