Chief Executive Officer
Rural Community Assistance Corporation
West Sacramento, CA
Skills And Qualifications:
Highly qualified candidates will bring the following experience and attributes:
• A vision related to the future of rural communities and an appreciation of the unique role that RCAC plays in achieving that vision;
• An inspirational, authentic and approachable leadership style that encourages staff and community dialogue and collaboration, and leads to outstanding performance and partnerships;
• A commitment to and understanding of the rural West, its diversity of needs, and its communities and people;
• A passion for building on and strengthening the resiliency of rural communities in partnership with rural communities and other intermediaries;
• Experience successfully advancing a policy and advocacy agenda at the local, tribal, state, and/or federal levels;
• Ability to strategically prioritize opportunities for growth, at times in partnership with other organizations, and to develop operational infrastructure to support that growth;
• Transferable skills or subject matter expertise in economic development, affordable housing, environmental, leadership development and/or community development finance;
• A strong communicator with the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences;
• Demonstrated financial management skills that are transferable to RCAC’s financial complexity and diversity of funding;
• A strong fundraiser with experience securing government funding, foundation, and other fee-for-service income;
• Experience reporting to and working with a board of directors to advance mission and preserve and strengthen organizational culture.
• An excellent and active listener, with strong emotional intelligence, who is able to quickly gather, synthesize, and act on feedback from diverse sources;
• Ability and track record of advancing a commitment to diversity and inclusion;
• A sensitive and thoughtful approach to change and organizational growth that respects RCAC’s unique role and organizational culture; and
• Ability to travel at least 20% of the time, with more travel expected during the first year.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Maintain RCAC’s organizational values and the spirit and partnership that infuses RCAC’s work with rural communities;
• Represent RCAC and the needs of the Western rural communities that RCAC serves;
• Maintain RCAC’s high-level profile throughout the RCAC states and at the national level, and work to advocate for rural policy initiatives;
• Identify and strategically evaluate new mission-aligned opportunities that bring in revenue, with an emphasis on revenue that continues to reduce RCAC’s reliance on federal funding;
• Expand organizational infrastructure to sustain significant existing, and future organizational growth;
• Maintain financial strength;
• Support and work collaboratively with the board of directors to set RCAC’s strategic direction; and
• Maintain a collaborative internal work environment that encourages staff to collaborate, communicate and work across departments and with people at different managerial levels.
Salary And Benefits:
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package is offered.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: RCAC@marcumllp.com (e-mail applications are required). For other inquiries contact Jill Fioravanti at Jill.Fioravanti@marcumllp.com. RCAC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all employees and job applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or marital status, or any other status protected by the law. RCAC strives to reflect the diverse constituencies that the organization serves. Link to the full position profile: http://www.marcumllp.com/executive-search/chief-executive-officer-rural-community-assistance-corporation