Multimedia Resource Development Specialist - Open Until Filled
National Congress of American Indians
Skills And Qualifications:
| Founded in 1944, the National Congress of American Indians is the oldest, largest, and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization in the country. NCAI advocates on behalf of tribal governments and communities, promoting strong tribal-federal government-to-government policies, and promoting a better understanding among the general public regarding American Indian and Alaska Native governments, people, and rights. For more information, visit the NCAI website at www.ncai.org
ABOUT THE POSITION | The National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) is seeking an experienced, full-time Multimedia Resource Development Specialist to join its External Affairs team. The successful candidate will lead NCAI’s effort to diversify and expand its ability to develop and disseminate multimedia resources on policy and governance to tribal leaders, federal policy makers, the general public, and other key target audiences. NCAI seeks to deploy various forms of multimedia as well as “new” knowledge- and resource-dissemination technologies (podcasts, app-based applications, multimedia-based Prezi presentations, digital stories, interactive info graphics, etc.) to inform its target audiences in new ways in real time, and give current issues the proper historical context they deserve.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in the strategic design, creation, and operation of systems to produce, catalogue, disseminate, and track the usage of its multimedia-based resources. This candidate also must be prepared to work in a collaborative environment to enhance both NCAI’s external and internal communications by managing and providing maintenance to all NCAI web-based properties, create and administer graphic design processes for brand cohesion and management, and provide technical and creative assistance to the NCAI team to advance the mission and vision of the NCAI membership and Board.
The employee must possess:
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field required.
• One or more years of experience producing multimedia-based resources (e.g., videos, audio podcasts, etc.).
• One or more years of experience as a graphic designer producing print- and digital-based graphics, publications, and other materials.
• Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including, but not limited to: Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Premiere/Pro, Illustrator, etc.
• Experience handling multiple projects concurrently, and a proven ability to meet project deadlines and thrive in fast-paced environment.
• Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail.
• Must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Must possess the ability to complete tasks in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
• Flexibility to incorporate feedback and offer advice to better reflect organization’s needs.
• One or more years of experience working with a tribal nation or Native organization is preferred.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the NCAI External Affairs Director, the primary duties of the Multimedia Resource Development Specialist include:
• Conceptualize, develop, and produce high-impact materials that advance NCAI’s mission.
• Design, create, and operate systems to produce, catalogue, disseminate, and track/assess the usage of NCAI’s multimedia-based resources.
• Design and implement weekly, monthly, and annual dissemination and promotional strategies for NCAI’s digital/multimedia resources (web, video, audio, and social media).
• Work with Communication team to enforce brand standards across variety of media platforms.
• Create, proof, and edit multimedia and online content (notably video and audio resources) for teams across the organization.
• Monitor and manage all NCAI website properties and provide technical updates to the External Affairs director and IT department.
• Develop all content in accordance with NCAI’s style guide and editorial review timetables and processes.
• Travel is required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary And Benefits:
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits (including health benefits, 401(k) plan, vacation time, etc.).
Applicants can submit a cover letter, resume, professional portfolio, including up to three (3) web samples, up to three (3) graphic design samples, and the names of three references by email to Jobs@ncai.org.
Organization Web Site:
Apply Now »
Return To Listings