Women’s Basketball Coach
Leech Lake Tribal College
Cass Lake, MN
Skills And Qualifications:
The primary responsibility of the Women’s Basketball Coach to direct the College's Women’s basketball program while instructing and working with the athletes to prepare them for competition.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
1. Understanding knowledge of and commitment to the mission, vision and goals of LLTC.
2. Knowledge of Anishinaabe culture and experience working with American Indian students preferred.
3. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a working knowledge of basketball processes.
4. Must have an understanding knowledge of NIAC rules and regulations.
5. Ability to provide positive direction and supervision of LLTC Women’s Basketball team.
6. Ability to strategically and effectively plan, develop, administrate and evaluate basketball programs, policies and procedures.
7. Ability to exhibit leadership, budget management and planning in LLTC women’s basketball program.
8. Knowledge of technology used in coach management.
9. Ability to apply team building strategies.
10. Knowledge of current issues/trends in coaching strategies including recruitment and retention efforts.
11. Resolve and consult on a wide range of administrative and personnel issues with a clear sense of institutional needs and priories.
12. Ability to provide accountable leadership resulting in productive, efficient working relationships.
13. Ability to effectively mediate conflicts.
14. Demonstrated leadership effectiveness in leading and motivating students in a collegial and shared governance environment.
15. A strong commitment to meeting student needs and providing a quality educational experience for all students.
16. Demonstrated commitment to equitably serving students with diverse backgrounds, interests, goals, and abilities.
17. Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills.
18. Ability to make effective decisions and take independent action when appropriate.
19. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
20. Ability to provide quality customer service and support to the LLTC and all stakeholders, visibly and positively representing the College to the public.
21. Ability to interpret; adapt; and apply guidelines and procedures.
22. Identify trends and correct any deficiencies that may arise.
23. Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
24. Ability to maintain confidentially of records and information.
25. Ability to perform consistently under the pressure of deadlines and other demands.
26. Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and criminal background checks.
27. Native American Preference.
Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred; at least 1-3 years of coaching, playing, and/or administrative experience in a basketball program. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Athletic Director and Men’s Basketball Coach in preparing pre-season schedule consisting of facilities, dining, and transportation logistics, and directing camps/clinics both on and off campus for high school students, coaches, and staff.
2. Recruit for women’s basketball.
3. Assist in securing spaces for practices and games.
4. Assist in ordering uniforms, necessary equipment and supplies.
5. Assist with fund raising for the athletic programs.
6. Assist the Athletic Department to ensure the college is in compliance with Northern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference rules and regulations and is abiding by the rules and regulations of the National Junior College Athletic Association.
7. Recruit and retain outstanding athletes to LLTC College Women’s Basketball program who can be academically successful.
8. Ensure women’s basketball team members are attending classes, turning work in on time, maintaining the required grade point average and attending tutoring sessions as required.
9. Assist the Athletic Director in developing early warning systems and strategies for women’s team players.
10. Plan and implement a sound pre-season training program.
11. Provide for the safety and welfare of team members at all times.
12. Supervise players when off-campus, using the student code of conduct found in the student handbook.
13. Ensures all department reporting is done in a timely manner.
14. Resolves or assists in the resolution of problems and/or complaints and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
15. Maintain punctual and excellent attendance for all practices and games.
16. Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift 30 pounds or more and use proper body mechanics Be able to sit or stand for long periods of time Subject to internal working conditions. Non-smoking environment.
The position is “Open Until Filled” and the organizational web site to access the application information is https://www.lltc.edu/about-us/employment.