Administrative Receptionist-Open until filled
National Congress of American Indians
Skills And Qualifications:
Founded in 1944, the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) is the oldest, largest, and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization in the country. NCAI advocates on behalf of tribal governments and communities, promoting strong tribal-federal government-to-government policies. We promote a better understanding among the general public regarding American Indian and Alaska Native governments, people, and rights.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Administrative Receptionist answers to the NCAI Office Manager and serves as the first point of contact for our members and all visitors to the Embassy of Tribal Nations. As a membership organization, NCAI has a high volume of visitor traffic. This position is integral to the success of our work and it is essential that the successful candidate have exemplary customer service skills in person, by phone, and email. Primary responsibilities include the duties of NCAI’s front desk coverage, in addition to general administrative support as described in Duties and Responsibilities.
Employee must possess:
• A minimum of three years of administrative, reception-related, or customer support work;
• Experience with financial transactions and data input, and discretion with confidential information
• Professional attire and presence, including cultural awareness and sensitivity;
• High standards of timeliness and attendance;
• Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills;
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Ability to do light lifting of supplies and materials on occasion;
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to take direction and work independently, taking initiative within areas of responsibility; and,
• Experience and enthusiasm for work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high pressure environment.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
• Background or experience in Native American affairs or Native organizations.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The primary duties of the Administrative Receptionist will include:
• Opening and securing the building with alarm system settings;
• Managing visitors in a friendly and professional manner;
• Answering and routing calls, emails, parcels, and interacting with NCAI delivery vendors;
• Maintaining a schedule of conference room use and supporting meeting needs;
• Ensuring a tidy reception and lobby area;
• Performing basic bookkeeping, filing, and clerical tasks;
• Assisting with NCAI correspondence as directed;
• Creating reports and assembling information in support of NCAI departments;
• Contributing to our team effort by accomplishing related results as needed; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary And Benefits:
Compensation range may be $35,000 - $45,000 per year, depending upon experience. The position offers excellent competitive benefits including health insurance and disability, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan.
The position will be located at NCAI’s Washington DC office and will be open until filled.