This may be a telecommute / remote position
Skills And Qualifications:
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Leadership: Serves as a decisive, credible leader for Cultural Survival in advancing Indigenous Peoples rights and cultures worldwide. Maintains an environment that fosters staff empowerment and accountability. Supports a culture of collaboration and mutual respect for the multi-cultural staff.
• Board Relations: Reports to the board and implements its decisions. Works to engage and build strong relationships with a Board dispersed nationally and internationally. Keeps members fully informed regarding the status and activities of the organization. Staffs board meetings.
• Strategic Planning: Leads strategic planning with the board. Follows through with implementation.
• Fundraising: Works closely with the Director of Philanthropic Relations to raise funds to assure Culture Survival’s sustainability and growth.
• Financial Viability: Holds primary responsibility for managing the budget and ensuring sustainable, diverse funding streams.
• Communication: Serves as the primary spokesperson for Cultural Survival and effectively articulates the vision, mission and outcomes.
• Partnerships: Recognizes the importance of collaborating with other non-profits in the Indigenous culture and rights sector and works to identify strategic partnership opportunities.
• Community Relations: Interfaces and establishes strong relationships with constituencies at the national and international level including policymakers, funders, donors and the public.
• Operations: Oversees administration of operations. Oversees implementation of programs that carry out the organization's mission. Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
• Advocacy: Works to shape policies that have the most significant impact on Indigenous culture and rights.
1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
2. At least 5-7 years of nonprofit management skills and fundraising experience.
3. Strong background and experience in working with Indigenous People in their local communities. Passion for the mission of advancing Indigenous Peoples' rights and cultures.
4. A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
5. Active fundraising experience, both in foundation and individual giving. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
6. Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
7. Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
8. Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
9. High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
10. Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
11. Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
12. Ability to work remotely and build strong collaborative teams with a diverse national and international staff.
13. Flexibility, being able to adapt working with people of different cultures, Visionary but realistic.
14. Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
15. Willingness to travel.
16. Spanish-speaking is a plus.
Cultural Survival is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We particularly encourage Indigenous individuals to apply and to identify their Indigenous community, but we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. For more information about Cultural Survival and its programs, please visit: https://www.culturalsurvival.org/
Salary And Benefits:
The compensation and benefit package is industry competitive and includes health insurance.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume electronically (see link below) to Bill Moran at The Moran Company. The cover letter should highlight your qualifications and connection to the mission, as well as any other relevant experience. APPLY NOW