Director of Guest Experience
Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe
Mount Pleasant Michigan
Skills And Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of principles and practices regarding public relations, brand, and marketing in a hospitality and guest service oriented environment.
· Knowledge of the development pertaining to guest experience satisfaction surveys.
· Knowledge of managerial and statistical analysis techniques and reporting procedures.
· Knowledge of gaming operations.
· Skill in developing conflict resolution strategies.
· Skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing guest surveys.
· Skill in strategic planning and direction.
· Skill in adhering to multiple deadlines.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
· Ability to represent organization in a professional manner, building respect and confidence in the community.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or Hospitality Management.
· Five (5) years’ management experience in service environment.
· Two (2) years in a supervisory capacity level.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license to meet the employment eligibility requirements as they pertain to the position.
License, Certification, or Special Requirements:
· Native American preference shall apply to all positions.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief Operations Officer, responsible for the overall operations of Guest Experience Centric Organization strategy at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort (SECR) and Saganing Eagles Landing Casino & Hotel (SELC) which includes analysis, development, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct and participate in the development of an exceptional, guest service strategy in an effort to increase casino guest loyalty.
· Determine, promote and foster SECR/SELC key service drivers that encourage outstanding guest service interactions.
· Research and design appropriate communications regarding innovative approaches to creating a guest experience centric organization.
· Train all SECR/SELC associates and all newly hired associates.
· Understand, promote and foster SECR/SELC core values.
· Develop guest surveys to measure service levels regarding various aspects of SECR/SELC operations. Review and analyze guest surveys on a continuing basis.
· Develop overall goals and timelines for improving guest service scores.
· Develop content and messages for daily newsletter.
· Attend departmental pre-shift meetings to discuss guest survey results, service driver opportunities, and barriers.
· Collaborate with SECR/SELC management regarding continuous improvement efforts.
· Present property-wide guest service scores during quarterly Operations Committee meetings.
· Assure contact with and correspondence are sent to guests who rate SECR/SELC below the allowable threshold.
· Initiate short and long term planning objectives with appropriate staff.
· Provide regular updates and reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
· Supervise and assist assigned staff in carrying out departmental activities.
· Develop and adhere to departmental budget.
· Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the operations at all times. Provide solutions for customer concerns and continually focus on customer service as our top priority.
· Must maintain strict confidentiality and present a positive, professional demeanor and image at all times.
· The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Contacts/Purpose of Contacts:
· Contact with internal individuals throughout all levels of the organization.
· Contact with all guests to ensure their experience is positive and upholds the service excellence standards of the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort.
· Frequent use of hands, wrists, fingers associated with computer equipment.
· Required to sit for extended periods of time.
· Occasionally walk and stand and reach with arms and hands.
· Normal visual acuity, ability to talk and hear.
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
· Normal office environment.
· Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
· Travel may be required.
Salary And Benefits:
Full Time with Benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision, Teladoc, Flex Spending accounts options, 401K Options, AFLAC Options and more.
Prescription plan with Free Fills on most generic brand when using the Cardinal Pharmacy.
Paid Time Off
Free membership to Nimkee Fitness Gym. Nimkee has a fun atmosphere, Personal Trainers, offers many different classes throughout the week along with different challenges each month.
Offer discount on phone bills through Verizon and Sprint.
Employee discounts at Soaring Eagle Water Park, Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort
In order to be considered for this position you must apply at www.sagchip.org click on employment at the top of the page. Click on Apply Now.