ACFS Director of Social Services
Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe
Mount Pleasant Michigan
Skills And Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
· Knowledge of Social Services practices.
· Knowledge of the development, preparation, and control of budgets.
· Knowledge of managerial and statistical analysis techniques and reporting procedures.
· Skill in operating various word-processing and database software programs.
· Skill in treating patients with tact, courtesy, and respect.
· Skill in preparing, reviewing and analyzing operational and financial reports.
· Skill in supervising, training and evaluating assigned staff.
· Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
· Ability to react quickly and make effective decisions in an emergency situation.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and evenings.
· Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
· Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment.
· Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
· Frequent use of hands, wrists, fingers associated with computer equipment.
· Required to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
· Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Normal visual acuity, ability to talk and hear.
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
· Normal office environment.
· Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
· Master’s degree in Social Services, Human Services or related field.
· Must have and maintain a full Master’s Social Worker License (LMSW).
· Five years social services experience.
· Two years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
· Experience working with tribal communities and outside social services.
· Experience with budget administration, operation, reports, contract management and development.
· Must be able to effectively communicate and have good computer skills.
· Must be able to pass background check to meet the employment eligibility requirements as they pertain to the position.
License, Certification, or Special Requirements:
· Licensed Master’s Social Worker (LMSW).
· Obtain HIPAA certification within five business days of hire.
· Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License with the proper designation required for the vehicle utilized to perform the job duties; must be able to obtain and maintain a Tribal Driver’s License and qualify for coverage by SCIT auto liability insurance carrier.
· Native American preference shall apply to all positions.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of Tribal Administration, direct, establish, plan and coordinate all activities and segments included within Anishnaabeg Child and Family Services (ACFS). This includes prevention and outreach services, protective services, ICWA and Licensing services. Assure protective services investigations, prevention, child & family service cases and open-active cases including descendants as outlined in the ICWA agreement between MI DHS and SCIT are responded to in a manner consistent with the Department’s overall goal: Mission Statement; Fundamental Values and Beliefs; and Practice Principles; Consistent with 25 C.F.R., Part 20, Subparts D-F; in compliance with the Tribal Code, Title II Children’s Code; and in compliance with the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act. All ACFS staff must adhere to mandated reporting laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assure protective services investigations and open-active cases are responded to in a manner consistent with the Department’s overall goal, mission statement, practice principles, and applicable Tribal and Federal law.
· Responsible for the administration of departmental budgets and grants. Supply necessary reports and documentation to funding sources. Coordinate; maintain statistics and billing with appropriate staff.
· Assure overall prevention and intervention continuity and quality services.
· Supervise and coordinate activities of ACFS staff including scheduling leaves, time sheets.
· Assist staff with professional development through individual and group conferences and workshops in analyzing case problems and improving staff diagnostic and helping skills.
· Assure compliance with practice principles.
· Assign and monitor caseload activity for standards of promptness and completion.
· Review safety assessments and monitor risk assessments ensuring service planning is consistent with need and level of risk.
· Ensure case files are consistent with policy, procedure, and BIA 25CFR Part 20 & 23.
· Responsible for the development and coordination of the Tribal Child Protection Team.
· Assist in recruiting and developing foster and shelter homes to service members or eligible members of the Tribe.
· Assure quality home studies are completed on a timely basis for the Indian Child Welfare Committee in order to make placement recommendations on youths, and adults who are before Tribal, State, and Federal Courts.
· Assure case files are in compliance with and meet Tribal and Federal fund source requirements.
· Assure client-centered, family focused, culturally friendly services are adhered to.
· Act as a liaison between the Tribal community and social services agencies.
· Assure the confidentiality of client records.
· Provide crisis intervention and family counseling for Tribal community.
· Assist Tribal community members in obtaining the necessary social services from local, county, state, and private social services agencies.
· Actively participate in Care Coordination Teams or other appropriate committees.
· Submit monthly statistical and narrative reports which outline the number of case and nature of work activities to the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
· Recommend expert consulting when required.
· Research and assist in departmental grant development and acquisition related to Social Service.
· Coordinate with Federal, State and Tribal agencies representing Tribal interests in program development and client services.
· Develop and maintain professional relationship with the State of Michigan to assure compliance with the Indian Child Welfare Act agreement between the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of MI and the Michigan Department of Human Service through borrowed bed agreements and services to SCIT members, eligible for SCIT membership and SCIT descendants.
· Attend applicable meetings with other Michigan Tribes.
· Travel to and from client’s services sites.
· Complete annual associate performance evaluations.
· Adhere to client confidentiality and comply with ACFS policies and federal regulations under the Privacy rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
· Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the operations at all times. Provide solutions for customer concerns and continually focus on customer service as our top priority.
· Must maintain strict confidentiality and present a positive, professional demeanor and image at all times.
· The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Contacts/Purpose of Contacts:
· Empowered to interact with all levels of personnel in order to communicate operational decisions.
· Frequent contact with administrative staff, the Tribal community, and members of the general public as individuals or groups.
Salary And Benefits:
Full Time with Benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision, Teladoc , AFLAC options, 401k options Flex spending accounts .
Prescription plan with Free Fills on most generic brand when using the Cardinal Pharmacy.
Paid Time Off
Free membership to Nimkee Fitness Gym. Nimkee has a fun atmosphere, Personal Trainers, offers many different classes throughout the week along with different challenges each month.
Offer discount on phone bills through Verizon and Sprint.
Employee discounts at Soaring Eagle Water Park, Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort
In order to be considered for this position you must apply at www.sagchip.org click on employment at the top of the page. Click on Apply Now.