Trustees for Alaska
Skills And Qualifications:
The ideal candidate has 4-6 years of litigation experience and a proven ability to foster coordination and cooperation among diverse groups to achieve conservation goals in Alaska. This position is an opportunity to achieve environmental protection while working closely with clients, policy makers, and administrative agency staff.
We seek candidates who have excellent legal, relationship building, and project management skills, and are results oriented. Strong candidates will have:
· Excellent writing, research, analytical, and interpersonal skills
· A demonstrated ability to think creatively
· A track record of managing judicial, legislative, or administrative projects
· Admitted to practice law in Alaska, eligible for reciprocity, or willing to sit for the next available bar exam
· The ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment, including within large and diverse coalitions
· A demonstrated commitment to environmental conservation and public interest advocacy
Knowledge of Alaska, scientific experience, knowledge of environmental and administrative law are all plusses. Competitive non-profit salary based on experience, plus medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and retirement benefits, generous leave policy, and supportive co-workers. Trustees for Alaska is an equal opportunity employer.
Must have JD
Duties And Responsibilities:
The Staff Attorney reports to the Legal Director and is responsible for the following:
· Managing a diverse case load that may include coalition-based administrative, legislative, and judicial work
· Working with program staff, clients, and partners to develop and implement legal, political, outreach, communications, and other strategies
· Representing Trustees for Alaska and clients in public forums and with the press
· Delegating and supervising projects for our paralegal and legal interns
· Assisting with administrative, communications, and fundraising as needed
Salary And Benefits:
Salary is dependent on experience. Trustees offers a competive benefits and PTO package.