Senior Counsel - Attorney III
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
Skills And Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be:
· Well-versed in health law, Federal Indian law, Tribal self-determination/self-governance, and employment law.
· Knowledgeable of the Alaska Tribal Health System, ANTHC, and Alaska Native cultures.
· Skilled in legal research and analysis.
· Skilled in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with individuals with a wide array of cultural, political, educational, socio-economic, geographic and linguistic backgrounds.
Skilled in advising leaders of complex organizational units.
Job requirements include:
· A Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
· At least eight (8) years of relevant legal experience, including substantial experience in litigation, transactions, health law, employment law, federal Indian law, or self-governance.
Applicants must be admitted or eligible for admission to the Alaska bar.
Duties And Responsibilities:
ANTHC is seeking a Senior Counsel to provide assigned legal services with minimum supervision, serving as an expert in a variety of legal and regulatory matters. Primary work responsibilities include:
· Performing legal research, drafting policies, reviewing contracts, conducting internal investigations, and advising ANTHC leadership on legal matters.
· Working collaboratively with other legal staff and outside counsel to facilitate the identification, analysis, prioritization, and coordinated response to legal, risk management, and regulatory compliance issues.
The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) is a non-profit Tribal health organization serving the health needs of Alaska Native and American Indian people living in Alaska. ANTHC provides world-class health services, including comprehensive medical services at the Alaska Native Medical Center, wellness programs, disease research and prevention, rural provider training, and rural water and sanitation systems construction. ANTHC is the largest, most comprehensive Tribal health organization in the United States, and Alaska’s second-largest health employer with more than 3,000 employees. In 2019 Forbes Magazine named ANTHC the best employer in Alaska.
To apply please submit your resume to Chelsea Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out an online application here: