Program Associate (Land Grant Programs)
Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Skills And Qualifications:
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Experience in developing working relationships with agriculture, health, and community organizations.
- Experience in teaching and delivering programming to individuals of all age-ranges.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agriculture education and Land-Grant initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of sustainable agricultural practices, gardening and farming methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of values, cultures, customs and tribal protocols.
- Proven ability to interact with a wide range of individuals and at all levels, professionally and effectively.
- Ability to complete assignments accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
- Previous work experience in community agriculture and/or nutrition education.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Must have at least an Associate degree with an emphasis in Nutrition, Education, Human Development, Social Work, Consumer and Family Sciences, Public Health, or Communications. Must also have experience working with American Indian and/or Alaska Native cultures.
Duties And Responsibilities:
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The position is responsible for assisting the IAIA Extension Educator in developing and delivering the IAIA educational Agricultural Outreach programs. The position also assists the Gardener in collecting data for use in the Land-Grant program. The incumbent supports IAIA’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values. NOTE: Although grant funding for this position may be extended, a grant-funded position has no guarantee of on-going and indefinite employment
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
· Develop leads for the classes and workshops that the Extension Educator will conduct in communities across the country. Classes and workshops will be a mix on in-person and online instruction.
· Assist students in signing up for classes and workshops.
· With the assistance of the Marketing and Communications department, promote and market classes and workshops for the Extension Educator.
· With the assistance of the Marketing and Communications department, develop and update material for the Land-Grant website. Examples of materials include:
o Gardening tips
o Garden and Greenhouse notes and data
o Land-Grant information
· Be responsible for evaluating and documenting the classes and workshops using paper surveys or SurveyMonkey.
· Compile all data from the surveys for presentation and incorporation into reports.
· Participate in all IAIA Land-Grant workshops.
· Assist with recruiting and coordinating volunteers and students as needed.
· Must have experience working with Tribal communities.
Salary And Benefits:
Competitive Salary. Excellent Benefits.
For Best Results, please apply through the IAIA website.