Associate Director of Accounting - Open until Filled
National Congress of American Indians
Skills And Qualifications:
Founded in 1944, the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) is the oldest, largest, and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization in the country. NCAI advocates on behalf of tribal governments and communities, promoting strong tribal-federal government-to-government policies. We promote a better understanding among the general public regarding American Indian and Alaska Native governments, people, and rights.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Associate Director of Accounting role is designed to assist the Organization in meeting the evolving its needs. Working with the Associate Director of Finance, this individual will help lead the effort to ensure accurate, timely reporting of the entity’s financial results.
Employee must possess:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field
• 3-5+ years’ experience in general accounting for a nonprofit organization
• Experience using general ledger accounting packages
• Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite of software, especially a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of Abila MIP a plus
• Knowledge of Bill.com a plus.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The primary duties of the Associate Director of Accounting will include:
• Preparation of monthly financial reports
• Review and approve transaction postings for the general ledger
• Analyze financial records for discrepancies, findings to be presented to VP of Operations and Associate Director of Finance.
• Administer reconciliation of general ledger accounts on a timely basis, in accordance with the NCAI schedule
• Review of monthly/quarterly reconciliations compiled by staff
• Assist with the compilation of PBC schedules in preparation for the annual external audit.
• Assist with the compilation of annual budget
• Assist with the compilation of supporting schedules for the IRS Form 990
Salary And Benefits:
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits (including health benefits, 401(k) plan, vacation time, etc.).
Application Procedure: Applicants should send their resume, a brief writing sample, three references, and a cover letter by email to email@example.com. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.