Administrative Assistant- Civic Engagement [Open Until Filled]
National Congress of American Indians
Skills And Qualifications:
Founded in 1944, the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) is the oldest, largest, and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization in the country. For 75 years NCAI has been a leading advocate on behalf of tribal governments and communities, promoting strong tribal-federal government-to-government policies, and promoting a better understanding among the general public regarding American Indian and Alaska Native governments, people, and rights. For more information, visit the NCAI website at www.ncai.org.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Since it was founded, NCAI as a non-partisan organization has been involved in civic engagement activities starting with protecting the right to vote for Native Americans. Tribes are America’s first governments and NCAI works to ensure all Native citizens participate in shaping the future of their communities. The Administrative Assistant- Civic Engagement is an integral part of the External Affairs team.
• Minimum of two years’ administrative experience and a passion for or involvement in civic or voter engagement;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work duties;
• Strong customer service skills;
• Strong writing, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
• The ability to take direction and work independently, taking initiative within areas of responsibility;
• Advanced computer skills with experience in social media platforms, WordPress publishing, and management tools.
• Background or experience in Native American affairs a plus.
• Experience with and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high-pressure environment;
• The ability to adjust to changing priorities and growing responsibilities.
Duties And Responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONBILITES
Under the direction of NCAI’s Vice President of External Affairs and Director of Civic Engagement and Special Projects, the Administrative Assistant- Civic Engagement will provide administrative support for the organizations civic engagement work, particularly, Census and Native Vote. Primary responsibility of this role will be to work with Vice President of External Affairs, Director of Civic Engagement and Special Projects and Civic Engagement Associates in managing the civic engagement work both internally and externally, creating an engaging environment to achieve our goal of higher Native civic engagement participation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Directing internal and external calls, emails, and faxes for the civic engagement department
• Conduct outreach efforts for civic engagement/ native vote
• Assist with civic engagement social media posting and accounts
• Process civic engagement mini grants
• Coordinate and administer bulk mailings for civic engagement/ native vote
• Provide administrative support for the development and implementation of civic engagement events and outreach.
• Partner with the Civic Engagement Associates to support coordination with community partners to create synergy in civic engagement messaging, outreach, and programs.
• Provide administrative support for check requests, vendor invoices, disbursements of funds, and reporting for contracts.
• Assist the External Affairs team with program administration including contracts, data collection, budget tracking, and inventory of merchandise.
• Coordinate and oversee multiple vendors and stakeholders, as needed.
Salary And Benefits:
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits (including health benefits, 401(k) plan, vacation time, etc.). This position is grant funded and is a fixed term position that will be filled until December 2020.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should send their resume, a brief writing sample, three references, and a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.