Hanford Long Term Stewardship Coordinator
Nez Perce Tribe - Environmental Restoration & Waste Management department
Skills And Qualifications:
This position is responsible to assist ERWM Director in administering intra-division, interdepartmental, and inter-agency coordination and fill the responsibilities of ERWM Director as assigned. Duties include staff supervision at a management level and implementing division/program policy and operations; including development, implementation, and oversight of contracts and/or projects through Professional Series staff with oversight/guidance in project development, budgets, annual reviews, reports, and personnel administration. Guide the collection, compilation, analysis, and written presentation of information and may perform technical applications of fieldwork pertaining to natural resources of interest to the Nez Perce Tribe.
Requires Bachelor's degree (Master's degree or PhD preferred) in Natural Resources, Environmental Science, Nuclear Science, Soils or a closely related field.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Read and comply with policies and procedures, e.g. Human Resource Manual, Vehicle and Safety Manual, Finance Manual, etc.
- Work cooperatively with all tribal employees or those associated with the Tribe. Driving; travel to meetings or for other assignments.
- Work flexible and irregular work schedules as required.
- Maintain daily activity log.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and ethical standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or as necessary to support all subordinate activities.
- Serve as liaison for regional coordination with State, Federal and Tribal agencies. Coordinate with the other Department of Fisheries Resources Management and/or Department of Natural Resources staff regarding project specific activities.
- Provide technical support and participation in management team meetings. Provide professional recommendations to the Tribe in matters regarding aquatic and natural resources management.
- Independently coordinates with project leaders and division director.
- Coordinate and guide professional series staff in the preparation of contracts, Memorandums of Agreement (MOA) with funding agencies and Annual Operating Plans (AOP) with State and Federal programs.
- Assist with program guidance and advancement.
- Develop, implement, and review of projects, reports/publications, and proposals/grants. Review and identify contract deliverables with management policy recommendations/implications.
- Assure project specific compliance with applicable Nez Perce Tribe policies and manuals. Assure project specific compliance with applicable external policies associated with contract assurances.
- Works with the ERWM Director and staff. Provides legal and policy analysis related to Long Term Stewardship planning and implementation at the Hanford Site for ERWM and Natural Resource staff.
- Works directly with the ERWM Director to coordinate development of a the Nez Perce Tribe’s LTS Plan for the Hanford Site in conjunction with ERWM and Natural Resource Department staff.
- Coordinate education of staff on current LTS activities at the Hanford Site through documents, meetings, and site visits.
- Coordinate LTS planning with Department of Energy (DOE), Washington Department of Ecology, Environmental Protection Agency, Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Reservation, and the Yakama Nation to discuss and coordinate the LTS Plan development and eventual implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervise Professional V level staff and down as identified in Job Description.
- Facilitate staff including; recruitment and hiring, assigning and evaluating work.
- Initiate Human Resource Manual disciplinary actions.
- Develop, maintain, and implement Job Descriptions, Job Expectations, and Performance Evaluations for staff directly supervised.
- Signature authority for employee evaluations, job expectation reviews, pay roll vouchers, and Employee Action Notices for employees directly supervised.
- Initiate Employee Action Notice actions (hiring, merit increases, reduction-in-force, furloughs, and termination).
Nez Perce Tribe Human Resources Office Attn: Hanford Long Term Stewardship Coordinator PO Box 365 Lapwai, ID 83540