The Consultation Support center provides the latest information to help tribal leaders engage with the federal government in consultations. In a 2009 memorandum, President Obama declared his commitment to fulfilling the consultation requirements of Executive Order 13175, a directive originally issued by President Clinton on November 6, 2000. Executive Order 13175 calls for regular, meaningful consultation and collaboration with Tribal officials in the development of Federal policy.
NCAI's 2012 Tribal Consultation Policy Report
UpdateFor an update on federal agency progress in developing and implementing tribal consultation policies Download NCAI’s 2012 Updated Tribal Consultation Policy Report.
Consultation Support Resources
- Upcoming Consultation Meetings
- Consultation Letters, Materials and Contacts by Agency
- Consultation Material Archive
- Submit Consultation Information
- Example of NCAI Urgent Action Letter to Department heads following 2009 Memorandum
- 2009 NCAI Webinar: Planning for President’s Meeting with Tribal Leaders
- White House Meeting with Tribal Leaders- Background Paper on Tribal Consultation and Tribal Sovereignty (2009)
- Summary of 2009 White House Listening Sessions on Tribal Consultation