Last updated on September 10, 2020.
- Emergency Motion For Stay of 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Priority Window (submitted by NCAI, AMERIND Risk Management Corp., Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association, and Public Knowledge)
- NCAI President Fawn Sharp's Testimony for House Committee on Oversight and Reform Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis Hearing on "An Unequal Burden: Addressing Racial Health Disparities in the Coronavirus Pandemic"
- NCAI Amicus Brief in Chehalis et al. v. Mnuchin
- Tribal Advocacy Materials for Implementing COVID-19 Funding
- On July 31, 2020, NCAI released a press statement opposing the FCC’s extension of the 2.5 GHz tribal priority filing window by only 30 days, requesting 180 days instead and noting the FCC’s Memorandum serves to create needless and harmful division between tribal nations that will affect basic healthcare and education across Indian Country.
- On Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. EDT, the Subcommittee for Indigenous Peoples of the United States (SCIP) held a remote oversight hearing on Examining the Bureau of Indian Education's School Reopening Guidance During the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Honorable Joe Garcia participated as a witness representing NCAI.
CONGRESSIONAL RESEARCH SERVICE
- The CARES Act: Implications for Tribes (Briefing Memo - April 9, 2020)
FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (FEMA)
- FEMA Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- Tribal Fact Sheet: FEMA Assistance for Tribal Governments
- Tribal Fact Sheet (Español): La Respuesta al Coronavirus (COVID-19): Beneficiarios Tribales
- Fact Sheet: Eligible Emergency Protective Measures
- Public Assistance Administrative Plan Template for Tribal Governments
Tribal Contacts at FEMA
FEMA HQ/Regional Tribal Liaisons List
- FEMA Regional Tribal Liaisons Map
- New Recipients of Disaster Grants Guide 2019
FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD
Main Street Lending Program Scope, Eligibility Expanded
Main Street Lending Program Provides More Support to Small, Medium-Sized Businesses
- Main Street Lending Program FAQ
- Fact Sheet: Select Questions Related to Use of Department of Education Grant Funds During the Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES (HHS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- ACCESS FUNDING: Supporting Tribal Public Health Capacity in Coronavirus Preparedness and Response
- ACCESS FUNDING: Funding Opportunities for tribes with deadlines to submit applications
- CDC contact on funding opportunities: TribalCOVIDnofo@cdc.gov.
- CDC Released their Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report on COVID-19 rates among American Indians and Alaska Natives across 23 states from January 31, 2020 – July 3, 2020. The report shows that rates were 3.5 times higher among American Indian and Alaska Native populations compared to non-Hispanic whites during the first six months of the pandemic. Click here for the press release.
Health Resources and Services Administration:
- ACCESS FUNDING: Rural Tribal COVID-19 Response Program
Indian Health Service:
- IHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- Indian Country COVID-19 Response Team - IHS hosts a call each Thursday that currently features federal agencies participating in the Response Team. View the IHS calendar.
- IHS Tribal Leader and Urban Indian Organization Letter on Distribution of $134 Million COVID-19 Funding
- IHS Announces Funding Distribution for Testing under the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act
National Institute of Health:
HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (HUD)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- Information Sheet: CARES Act Operation of Indian Programs and Indian Education Programs
- Assistant Secretary of Indian Affairs letter to tribal leaders with COVID-19 updates (March 25, 2020)
SMALL BUSINESS ASSOCIATION (SBA)
ACCESS FUNDING: SBA Now Accepting PPP Loan Applications
- The PPP lender assistance hotline is (833) 572-0502.
- Program guidance and related information can be found at www.sba.gov/paycheckprotection or www.treasury.gov/cares.
- Robotic Processing Automation (RPA), which are robotic systems used by some banks to mimic human data entry, may not be used to submit Paycheck Protection Program loans into SBA’s E-Tran loan system.
- Application Programing Interface (APIs) will still be permitted. If you are a lender who needs assistance converting your submission process to a non-RPA API, please contact Sheri McConville.(Sheri.Mcconville@sba.gov).
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application
- Please find an updated Frequently Asked Questions Document (Questions 43 – Released May 5, 2020)
- Please view a summary of PPP2 loan data (Released May 5, 2020)
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions Document (Questions 44 & 45 – Released May 6, 2020)
- Please view a summary of PPP2 loan data (Released May 6, 202)
- Frequently Asked Questions Document (Question 48 – Released May 19, 2020)
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions (Released June 25, 2020)
- Procedures for Lender Submission of Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Decisions to SBA and SBA Forgiveness Loan Reviews (Released July 23, 2020)
- Guidance Regarding Identification and Reporting of Suspicious Activity in the COVID-19 EIDL Loan Program (Released July 22, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions For Loan Forgiveness (Released August 4, 2020
- Summary of PPP lending as of 7/31/20 (Released August 3, 2020)
- ACCESS FUNDING: Disaster Loan Assistance - COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- SBA Procedural Notice
- SBA Office of Native American Affairs
- New Lender Deferment Memorandum
Paycheck Protection Plan FAQ (Released May 13, 2020)
- PPP New Lender Agreement: CARES Act Section 1102 Lender Agreement – Non-Bank and Non-Insured Depository Institution Lenders
Economic Injury and Disaster Loans (EIDL) Information
Economic Injury and Disaster Loans (EIDL) Advance
Business Loan Program Temporary Changes, Paycheck Protection Program - Interim Final Rules:
- Requirements – Promissory Notes, Authorizations, Affiliation, and Eligibility
- Requirements – Loan Forgiveness
- Loan Review Procedures and Related Borrower and Lender Responsibilities
- Nondiscrimination and Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Requirements – Extension of Limited Safe Harbor with Respect to Certification
- Eligibility of Certain Electric Cooperatives
- Department of Treasury Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- The Department of the Treasury Office of the Inspector General released the memorandum Coronavirus Relief Fund Reporting Requirements Update (OIG-CA-20-025) to prime recipients of CRF monies. (Released July 31, 2020)
- Updated Coronavirus Relief Fund FAQ (Updated July 8, 2020)
- On July 2, 2020 Treasury released guidance concerning reporting of the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF). A spreadsheet was distributed to submit the required information to the Treasury until a “GrantsSolutions” reporting platform is created.
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Guidance for State, Territorial, Local, and Tribal Governments (Updated June 30, 2020)
- Treasury Announces Formula for Disbursement of Second Tranche of Coronavirus Relief Funds
- Treasury published Guidance to Tribes for Completing Supplemental Request for Information.
- Treasury and Interior Announce Start of CARES Act Funds Disbursement to Tribes (Press Release - May 5, 2020)
Online CRF Certification Form for Tribal Governments
- What the Federal Government is Doing in Response to COVID-19
- Paycheck Protection Program Information Sheet for Borrowers
Employee Retention Credit FAQ
Guidance to Tribes for Completing Supplemental Request for Information
- Guidance and FAQ on use of Coronavirus Relief Funds
FAQ on Tribal Population Data
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON FEDERAL FUNDING
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine seek public comment on the Discussion Draft of the Preliminary Framework for Equitable Allocation of COVID-19 Vaccine, commissioned by the Centers for Disease Control and the National Institutes of Health.
- The National Indian Health Board will be hosting its 2020 National Tribal Health Conference virtually, October 13-16, 2020. Click here to register.
- Members of Congress submitted a bicameral and bipartisan letter on August 18, 2020 to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) calling the FCC’s decision to extend the 2.5 GHz Rural Tribal Priority Window by only 30 days “unconscionable” and requesting that the FCC extend the Window by another 150 days.
- Native Americans in Philanthropy & NAFOA: New Resources to Help Native Nonprofits with Federal COVID-19 Economic Relief Programs
- Federal Reserve Board of Minneapolis: Do lender access issues limit PPP relief for tribal employers? (Article - May 4, 2020)
- Successful Farming: Coronavirus Food Assistance Program Applications Open May 26 (Article - May 19, 2020)
- Take the NAFOA Survey on the PPP.
- The COVID-19 Consortium for Understanding the Public’s Policy Preferences Across States released the results of their 50-state survey on voting by mail.
- The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED) developed resources for Indian Country on what tribal nations need to know when procuring PPE. View their new resource website and fact sheet.