Chief Financial Officer
Soboba Band of Luiseno Indians
San Jacinto, California
Skills And Qualifications:
Minimum of five to ten years of experience in accounting, preferably in the field of tribal government, with progressively increasing responsibilities. Minimum of two years of state and/or federal contracting or grants management experience. Minimum of five years of supervisory experience is required. Must have advanced experience in spreadsheets and accounting software.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is required, Master’s preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
Duties And Responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONISBILITIES
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage and oversee all financial activities of the Tribe, including accounting operations, purchasing operations and our credit department. The CFO also advises the Tribal Chairman, Tribal Administrator, Tribal Treasurer and Tribal Council on financial matters. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Prepare monthly financial reports and other detailed analysis as requested by the Tribal Administrator, Tribal Treasurer, or Tribal Council.
2. Coordinate the general fund budget process. Work closely with the Tribal Administrator to prepare the annual general fund budget and provide the budget to Tribal Council.
3. Work closely with executive management at Soboba Resort Casino and Soboba Economic Development Corporation and other tribal enterprises as needed.
4. Coordinate completion of the annual external audit to ensure questions and requests from auditors are responded to in a timely manner, review and approval of all final adjusting journal entries is completed, and review of the draft financial statements.
5. Coordinate an exit conference between the external auditors and Tribal Council for presentation of the audit results.
6. Ensure the indirect cost proposal is completed timely, presented to Tribal Council for approval, and submitted to the Interior Business Center for negotiation.
7. Monitor available cash to ensure timely vendor disbursements and payroll needs are met. Notify the Tribal Treasurer and Tribal Administrator when issues are identified.
8. Oversee grants management operations under the accounting department to ensure financial reporting is completed prior to deadlines, follow up on awarding agency requests, and monitor grant compliance.
9. Ensure internal controls are followed and segregation of duties exist between accounting staff to mitigate fraud risk. Balance this need with timely processing of daily operations.
10. Assist the Tribal Treasurer as needed with learning the accounting software system, running financial reports, performing analysis on accounts, answering questions, etc.
11. Maintain accounting and financial management policies and make recommendations for updates to Tribal Council as needed.
12. Adhere to policy on release of financial information.
13.Effectively articulate the results of financial performance and strategic recommendations to other departmental directors/managers, Tribal Administrator and Tribal Council.
14. Attend Tribal Council meetings when requested and general membership meetings as needed.
15. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Salary And Benefits:
We realize that our employees play an important role in our success.
Soboba offers a comprehensive benefits program to Full-Time employees. Employees are invited to participate in a variety of programs such as:
· Buy up options for Medical and Dental available at a cost to employee for higher levels of coverage, spouse and dependent coverage
· 401k Plan with employer match
· Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holidays (or float time for some departments)
· Employee Assistance Program
· Wisely Pay card
· Direct Deposit
· Various discount programs (amusements, entertainment, retail,
· Wellness Program
· Annual Health Fair
· Wellness Education & Incentive Programs
· Discounts to local Fitness Centers
See the full job description at soboba-nsn.gov,