Business Development Specialist
The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development
Skills And Qualifications:
· Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
· Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks in a dynamic, fast paced work environment.
· Proficiency in computer and business software applications, including MS Office.
· Must be willing to travel nationally and internationally to meet mission requirements.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
· At least one year of direct related experience required.
Duties And Responsibilities:
A Quick Job Summary – What’s Special About This Role?
The Export Business Development Specialist, under the supervision of Program leadership, plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the assigned programs. Responsible for counseling and following up with new clients in the assigned geographic areas, with active participation in strategic planning and in meeting the objectives necessary for the NCAIED mission and program goals. This role requires knowledge of the legislation, regulations and methods used in international trade, business and industry practices, sources of supply, cost factors, requirements characteristics, as well as legislation and procurement programs specific to Native American/Alaskan Native/Native Hawaiian-owned businesses.
· Referring to the Lead Export Business Development Specialist on matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to policy or budget, develops and implements plans for program staffing patterns and facilities; oversees program financial administration; reviews and analyzes financial reports; prepares budget proposals; approves budget expenses up to authorized dollar amounts; ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the organization are appropriately safeguarded and administered.
· Performs initial and follow-up counseling sessions to brief Native American/Alaskan Native/Native Hawaiian and other MBE owned businesses about NCAIED’s services, bidding opportunities, marketing strategies for their product or services.
· Consult businesses: defined as a documented event, including, but not limited to, a telephone call, correspondence, e-mail, or personal discussion held with a business firm/client, where professional guidance is provided to advise and assist the business firm/client in marketing its products and/or services to federal agencies, state, tribal and local governments. This includes, but is not limited to, providing advice and assistance such as: Assisting business firms/clients by providing marketing and technical assistance in selling their products and/or services internationally.
· Seeks guidance from the Lead Export Business Development Specialist as appropriate on sensitive issues or matters involving NCAIED policy or procedures, interpretations of various procedures.
· Keeps a detailed record of all counseling activity and documents all counseling in the client management system. Keeps hard copy files up to date and ensures original copies are filed in the official files.
· Identifies potential opportunities where Native American/Alaskan Native/Native Hawaiian and other MBE businesses can market their products and services and monitors the success of each client on a regular basis.
· Ensures clients submit on a timely basis required surveys and reports of contracts/subcontracts they have received
· Assist in the planning and execution of workshops and training events.
· Other tasks as assigned
Salary And Benefits:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. With over 40 years of assisting American Indian Tribes and their enterprises with business and economic development – we have evolved into the largest national Indian specific business organization in the nation. We take our motto, “We Mean Business” to heart and are actively engaged in helping Tribal Nations and Native American owned businesses realize their business goals.
Who we serve:
The organization serves over 1,000 clients that secure over $4 billion in contracts on an annual basis. The key focus areas of the National Center are federal advocacy, economic development assistance for American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian-owned businesses, increasing access to capital in Indian Country, and developing training and educational events, including the annual Reservation Economic Summit (RES). The National Center has ten offices throughout the United States, with a home office located in Mesa, Arizona.
Ready to apply? Great! Please provide the following:
· Current resume and salary expectation.
· Professional reference list with contact information.
· Cover letter that explains your interest in working for NCAIED and the experience you have had that you think are most relevant to the position.