Planned as a long-term commitment by NCAI, with generous support by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, the Partnership for Tribal Governance (PTG), officially launched in 2009, seeks to increase, organize, enhance, and make accessible the resources necessary to support tribes’ efforts to strengthen their governance.
Through partnerships with tribes, tribal intergovernmental and national Native organizations, academic and policy centers, practitioners, policymakers, and other resources, the PTG will:
- make investments in self-determined tribal efforts to strengthen governance,
- support increased education, training, and technical assistance for tribes,
- enhance communication, coordination, and collaboration among groups working to support tribes’ efforts,
- support the development and sharing of new knowledge,
- develop and promote a policy research agenda to strengthen tribal governance,
- advocate policies to enhance and strengthen tribal governments,
- encourage increased public and media education about tribal governments, and
- support the internal capacity-building of NCAI as an institution.
For more information about the Partnership for Tribal Governance, contact Sherry Salway Black at sblack [at] ncai.org.