About the Organization
Founded in 1944, the National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) is the oldest, largest, and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization serving the broad interests of tribal governments and communities. Learn more about the organization.
- NCAI President Brian Cladoosby Bio
- NCAI Executive Committee List
- NCAI Executive Director, Jacqueline Pata Bio
List of Past Leadership
Featured Resources for Press and Media
General Information about Tribes and Indian Country
- Visit our About Tribes Section to learn more about tribal governance and for demographic information on Indian Country.
NCAI's Position on Issues
- NCAI's position on issues is determined by the organization's membership, through resolutions. For more information on a specific area review the policy issues NCAI covers or search our resolutions.
Photos for Use
NCAI makes its photos available under a limited, creative commons license to press, media, and educational institutions. View our collection.
Recent News & Updates
July 13, 2017
The McCollum-Cole Amendment on Tribal Public Safety & Victim Service Passes in the House Appropriations Committee
WASHINGTON, D.C. | Today, the House Appropriations Committee adopted an amendment offered by Representatives Betty McCollum (D—MN) and Tom Cole (R—OK) that would support tribal public safety and victim services programs. The amendment was adopted by voice vote with overwhelming bi-partisan support.
June 19, 2017
National Congress of American Indians and Change the Mascot Respond to Disappointing Supreme Court Ruling Upholding Derogatory Trademark
Oneida Nation Homelands (June 19, 2017) The National Congress of American Indians and the Change the Mascot campaign today responded to the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling this morning that federal trademarks can be registered, even if offensive or derogatory.
June 15, 2017
Today, tribal leaders gathered and adopted a resolution supporting the Paris Climate Agreement during the closing general assembly at the NCAI 2017 Mid Year Conference & Marketplace.