• Political Leaders: Make informed, strategic decisions about the nation's overarching priorities for workforce development and delegate the authority to programmatic leaders to implement them.
• Political leaders: Encourage programmatic leaders to take calculated risks in order to develop innovative programmatic solutions, and ensure their continuity to build institutional know-how and experience.
• Programmatic leaders: Hire top-notch staff and delegate them the authority to do their jobs.
• Together: Depoliticize tribal workplaces and the provision of workforce development services.
• Together: Establish a formal process for regular communication and reporting that sets clear roles and fosters mutual accountability between political leaders and programmatic leaders.
• Both: Establish formal policies for succession planning for programmatic leaders and leadership transition for political leaders so the nation can grow its workforce development successes.
• Nation: Develop a comprehensive youth leadership training program that incorporates tribal civics and cultural teaching (also consider establishing a youth council if you don't yet have one).